Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Home at Last

If you've been checking in here, you know that our daughter was coming home at last. We arrived in Seattle on September 13. I intend to do a more comprehensive update soon, but for now this is all I have time for. There is much to do to get her on our medical insurance, and other immediate needs. The video was taken during her fist few minutes exploring her new bedroom. She is doing great. Eating well, playing hard, and sleeping 11 hours a night.

Most of all she has filled our home with joy. People have commended my wife and I for what we are doing. The truth is, we are selfish... we have been blessed by her beyond measure. We are so grateful that God has brought her into our lives.

I'll try to post more about our trip to Haiti soon.

6 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! So happy for you and your family! I will pray that she continues to thrive and flourish. Also that the bonds she has with you will grow even stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome to see her finally be home ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! She is finally home with you and your family. Very happy for you. Can't wait til that day comes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all! Jon & Lori we hope it's very soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so wonderful to see this post! It gives me hope and I thank God for bringing Daniela home to you!

    Jill Wilkins
    http://wilkinsadoption.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete